During the cold Moline months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to J.L. Brady Company LLC will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call J.L. Brady Company LLC ASAP if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from J.L. Brady Company LLC can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call J.L. Brady Company LLC at 309-517-7511 or arrange an appointment with us online.