As spring begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Moline? Particularly if your cooling equipment is recently purchased or was operating good last year.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your unit examined yearly by a J.L. Brady Company LLC technician can help find small issues before they turn into huge malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside, it’s more susceptible to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a specialist to maintain delicate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up in your equipment can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create increased energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling expenses and over the long run, since you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps find small troubles before they turn into big, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully inspect parts and perform a cycle of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they lead to big troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your AC is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your equipment is vulnerable to premature failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll examine the ensuing areas and pieces:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with J.L. Brady Company LLC
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our J.L. Brady Company LLC pros a shout at 309-517-7511 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your residence, be sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming service.