With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly increase your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your J.L. Brady Company LLC expert do air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system operating efficiently for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify potential problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area surrounding your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at J.L. Brady Company LLC a call at 309-517-7511.