There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Moline, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees may help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your J.L. Brady Company LLC technician drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few simple ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures dip in Moline. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the pros at J.L. Brady Company LLC a call at 309-517-7511 to start saving a little more today.