Having regular air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Moline summer, have the specialists at J.L. Brady Company LLC conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illegally freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call J.L. Brady Company LLC today at 309-517-7511.