Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Moline are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder and can also impact the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from J.L. Brady Company LLC in Moline will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 309-517-7511 and stay comfortable this summer.