Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Moline are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of your filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also impact the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from J.L. Brady Company LLC in Moline offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 309-517-7511 and stay comfortable this summer.