Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Moline during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at J.L. Brady Company LLC will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call J.L. Brady Company LLC at 309-517-7511 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.