Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Moline during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at J.L. Brady Company LLC will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call J.L. Brady Company LLC at 309-517-7511 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.